When people think of Memphis, they often consider the fact that what is classed as one of the most dangerous cities in this country to live in. Crime rates are incredibly high comma and it is almost as if every individual will steal from every other individual. Spend a few minutes there and you are likely to face and a rest and perhaps even shoplift and find yourself cytosol report by the police. However, According to Bob Mims Memphis is about so much more than that.
Bob Mims Memphis’ Beauty
Mims has worked as a CFO for a foundation for many years. He started this job straight out of university in the August and dedicated his life to it. He regularly makes a visit Louisville to play golf, being a member of numerous clubs, and he has been dismayed about the negative reputation that Memphis seems to be developing. For him, the city is a true community and he hopes the following guideline will get people fired up to visit it and see it for what it truly is.
Memphis is about creativity and authenticity. It has culture, a unique cuisine, and fantastic music period not just that, there are some truly weird and wonderful things on offer as well period a few examples include:
- The Peabody hotel lobby, where you can watch ducks March on the red carpet. Every day, 11 a.m. marks the time where the ducks waddle from the penthouse into the elevator and down the marble flooring.
- The fantastic Memphis barbecue joints. Most people stick to pulled pork sandwiches and ribs when they are there but there are far more unique dishes as well. Consider barbecue pizza, spaghetti, nachos, and tofu. Or perhaps you would like to taste and sample the deep-fried Cornish game hen. There are many so-called ‘que restaurants where barbecue nachos are standard, not in the least because they are also served during the Redbirds tailgates.
- Beale Street’s beer drinking goats. This is perhaps not really something to visit for those who fight for animal rights but if you have a chance to visit Silky O’Sullivan then you will be able to see one of the weirdest mascots of Memphis, a hurd of beer drinking goats. They serve a mystery cocktail that is called the Diver which is also not to be missed.
- The shrunken heads at the Pink Palace. It is a mansion constructed in the 1920s using nothing but pink stone by Clarence Saunders who found it Piggly Wiggly. It has some absolutely fantastic treasures including a flea Circus, a planetarium, and a taxidermy polar bear.
- The crystal shrine grotto. Memphis is known for its fantastic public sculptures, art works, and interactive exhibits. The crystal shrine grotto is the quirkiest of the mall. It is found at Memorial Park cemetery and is a man-made cave in which unique sculptures and quartz crystals have been displayed to show religious symbols.
This is what Memphis is truly about!