Basketball is a fast-paced and high-scoring sport, which makes it an exciting option for sports betting. It also has a large number of leagues and teams available to bet on, including the NBA, NCAA, and the international leagues.
To make it all the more exciting though, is live betting.
What Is Live Basketball Sports Betting?
Also known as “in-play” betting, live betting is a type of wagering where bets can be placed on a game while it is in progress. This allows bettors to adjust their wagers based on the changing odds and circumstances of the game, such as the score, time remaining, and player performances, etc. This can add a huge extra level of excitement to the betting as well as viewing experience. It can also provide more opportunities for skilled bettors to make informed decisions.
What Kind Of Bets Can Be Placed?
Next team to score: You can bet on which team will score the next point in the game.
Point spread: The point spread may change as the game progresses, and you can place a bet on whether a team will cover the updated spread.
Over/Under: Similar to point spread, the total points may change as the game progresses, and you can bet on whether the final score will be over or under a certain number.
Player props: You can bet on individual player performance such as total points, rebounds, assists and more.
Alternate lines: You can place a bet on an alternate point spread or over/under line that is different from the standard line.
Next team to commit a foul: This is a bet on which team will commit the next foul in the game
It’s important to keep in mind that live betting odds and lines can quickly change. So you will need to be quick when placing a bet, and implementing strategies.
Tips For Live Basketball Sports Betting
- Keep an eye on the game’s pace and flow. A fast-paced game may favour the over, while a slow-paced game may favour the under.
- Be aware of key player injuries or suspensions. The absence of a star player can greatly impact a team’s performance.
- Pay attention to a team’s recent performance and their head-to-head record against their opponent.
- Stay updated on the latest news and developments, such as team line-up changes or coach’s strategy.
- Consider betting on live markets such as the next point winner, next team to score, or next team to commit a foul.
- Shop around for the best deals in terms of odds and pay-out. Sportsbooks are highly competitive.
- Remember, it’s important to always do your own research and not to rely solely on tips or predictions from others.
- Live betting can become incredibly exciting and it’s easy to get carried away. Establish a proper bankroll management strategy with a loss limit and stick to it.
How To Join In The Fun
To start live betting on basketball you will need to find a sport betting site or app that offers it. A quick web search will provide plenty of options. Do some research, read reviews, and scope out the latest NCAA basketball odds before signing up. Otherwise, have fun!