Whether you work in an office where the air system circulates illnesses fast than you can say sick leave, or you have school-age kids who bring home a whole host of diseases and infections seemingly every week, it can be useful to be know what the most common ailments are in the U.S and how to cure them.
From immune boosting vitamin drips to lifestyle changes and natural remedies that really do work, keep reading to discover the top three common ailments and how you can effectively treat them.
Coughs and colds
The average adult has 2-4 colds per year, with women between the age of 20-30 tending to have more colds, probably due to their close proximity with young children.
A persistent cold or cough cannot only be annoying, but it can also make you feel depressed, stressed, and anxious. That being said, there are steps that you can take to lessen your chance of catching the cold virus, starting with boosting your immune system. Start with an immune boosting IV vitamin drip from Reset IV to kick-start it. This will keep you feeling great and looking great.
Other ways in which you can strengthen your immune system include:
- Giving up smoking
- Eating a diet rich in fruit and vegetables
- Only drinking alcohol in moderation
- Exercising regularly
- Maintaining a healthy weight
People who suffer with allergies have particularly sensitive immune systems that react badly when they come into contact with certain allergens.
The most common allergens include:
- Food allergens including nuts, milk, shellfish and wheat
- Pet fur/hair
Allergies can cause hives, skin rashes, vomiting, nausea, swelling of the lips, eyes, face, and tongue, difficulty breathing and fainting, all of which can have a seriously detrimental effect on the sufferers day to day lives.
Ways in which you can treat allergies include:
- Lifestyle changes that directly correlate with your particular allergy such as avoiding going outside when pollen counts are high
- Allergy shots
- Having a diet that is rich in anti-inflammatory foods such as oily fish, nut, seeds, and spices including garlic, turmeric and ginger.
Although most people experience a mild headache from time to time, especially during times of stress, if you suffer regularly from debilitating headaches or migraines, your quality of life will be hugely impacted upon.
The three most common types of headaches are cluster, tension-type, and migraines, all of which can be horrible in their own way. If you do suffer with headaches on a regular basis, the first action you should take is to write down what you were doing when the pain took hold. This is the simplest way to find out what triggers your headaches and figuring out what the first step in working out how to prevent them is.
Some of the most common causes of headaches include:
- Emotional and physical stress
- Skipping meals or not getting sufficient calories
- Caffeine – use or withdrawal
- Certain foods including red wine, cheese, and chocolate
- Specific medicines
Once you have found out what causes, or at the very least, brings on your headaches, then you can take active steps to prevent them from happening.
Natural headaches pain relief options include:
- Drinking plenty of water
- Taking a magnesium supplement
- Having a nap
- Drinking an apple cider vinegar and water solution
- Indulging in a stress-relieving head massage using peppermint oil
- Eating a small handful of almonds